Wednesday 13 September 2017

Wednesday Prompt: Damn You, Postman

A/N: As always check out The Short Story Press for Sasha's prompt. We give them to each other every Friday and post on Wednesdays. At least Sasha posts Wednesdays, I post when I post.

Damn You, Postman

100 Words


Where is that asshole? I’ve been waiting for this package for almost a week since I ordered it online. I’ve been checking the tracking religiously. I know it left the compound for deliveries at 8:13am this morning. It has to be here soon.

It’s late afternoon, he never came. I’m still sitting outside waiting. I pull out my phone and swear. The tracking now says ‘attempted delivery.’ But I have been here watching all day, we didn’t have any post.


I go down the path to the mailbox and sure enough inside is a little parcel collection slip. When did the postman come? Damn you, postman.

106 Words

No comments:

Post a Comment