Wednesday 5 July 2017

Wednesday Prompt: Fold Out Beds

Authors Note: So I've been bad, It's been two years since I last posted. Which isn't ideal for a "weekly" prompt. I have however been writing while I was away, and I am pretty much up to date (or as up to date as I plan to get) So without further ado my weekly prompt. As always check out The Short Story Press for Sasha's prompt. We give them to each other every Friday and post on Wednesdays. At least Sasha posts Wednesdays, I post when I post.



Fold Out Beds


Word Limit: 100


I’ve been here for four days now. A few have been here longer. Eight days since frail old Mrs Johnson hobbled into the shelter with her dog, Spike. It’s still here pretty early, so I have a fold out bed to myself. If you got here two days ago, you have a bit of floor space, roughly the size of what a fold out bed should be allocated to you. The people are still pouring in, at least they are trying to. I can’t be sure, but it looks like the little army officer running this place was turning people away this morning.


103 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment